AM Blade Grinder
MVM Model AM – Knife sharpening machine
The AM and BM model grinding machines, in their standard versions, are ideal for sharpening planer knives as they are supplied with a mechanical clamping kit for grinding 4 planer knives together on the mechanical chuck with T-slot. The model AM features manual downfeed of the grinding wheel, and is designed principally for sharpening planer knives and is the simplest and most economical grinding machine produced by MVM.
Both AM and BM models are available with grinding length of 650 mm and 850 mm. At Saturn Machine Knives, we provide all the tools you need to keep this surface grinder running at peak efficiency. Our high-quality grinding disks can fit the machine easily and ensure it delivers the performance you expect. If you’re looking for good replacements for MVM grinder components, we can help.
Technical features of the AM 650/850 grinding machine:
- Cast iron machine bed;
- Manual downfeed grinding head;
- Tilting head to grind hollow surfaces;
- Carriage run guides covered with replaceable hardened steel guides;
- 90° rotating knife-mounting chuck;
- Coolant pump;
- Chain driven carriage;
- Supplied with stepped blocks to grind 4 overlapping planer blades simultaneously